At Dashboard we have ambitious goals, and a dedicated team working to solve some of the most complex challenges in industry.
Our open and transparent culture empowers the team to dive in, experiment and deliver outputs at the leading edge of what is technologically possible today.
Dashboard is at the forefront of industrial process/infrastructure monitoring, capitalising on the IoT (Internet of Things) revolution. We harness innovation in data analytics, electronics manufacturing, communications and enterprise cloud technologies to enable real-time monitoring of complex industrial processes.
DASHBOARD has big ambition and recognises the importance of the team in fulfilling this potential. Come and work for DASHBOARD and you will be empowered to deliver your responsibilities and trusted to get on with it.
- We are empowering and trusting (with an associated expectation of excellence), we therefore give people the space and resource to do their job.
- We are open and transparent and therefore honest about all aspects of the business.
- We are warm and humane, treating people with respect and in the correct manner.
- We are resilient with high personal and professional standards and therefore we demonstrate mental and moral resilience to deliver excellent results.
- We are collaborative and agile and therefore harness the power of collaboration and adaptability to achieve innovative progress.
Job title: Financial/ Management Accountant
Location: Exeter office with flexible work options
Reports to: CEO/ COO
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 depending on experience
Dashboard is a late-stage start-up and therefore this job description provides a broad handrail for the responsibilities of the role. However, it is important to recognise that, synonymous with the start-up stage, you will be expected to roll up your sleeves and tackle other challenges as they arise. A strong candidate will readily adapt to these challenges and get stuck in.
To be successful in this role you will need to be an accomplished and qualified financial accountant, ideally with significant practical experience. The job will be varied, ranging from standard accounting routines through to involvement in commercial projects, system reviews and implementation, as well as representing finance to senior management.
You will be responsible for the financial health of the company, produce financial reports and develop strategies based on financial research and you will provide decision support to senior staff.
- Timely submission of accounts to Company House including Balance Sheet, financial statements and other necessary statutory filings.
- Contract outside services for tax preparation, auditing, banking, investments, and other financial needs as necessary.
- Run Payroll, ensure RTI compliance, Administer Company Private Medical scheme, Company pension, produce year end P11D, monitor HMRC Account Compliance. Ensure accurate determination of employees PAYE and NI contributions.
- Communicate and solve queries/issues with HMRC on company PAYE/NI/VAT/R&D Tax credits
- Coordinate with internal teams on verification of revenue and suppliers payment invoices
- Coordinate with Bank to ensure upkeep of real-time cashflow balances, including overdraft payments that attract interested payments. Consistent upkeep of monthly bank statements for due diligence and proof to HMRC.
- Collate monthly DASHBOARD revenues and expenses and translate into year-end Balance sheet and P&L consolidated accounts.
- Work out basic HMRC tax credit claims for R&D.
- Stay up to date with:
- Changes in UK accounting standards applicable to DASHBOARD.
- Ensuring the business meets its financial statutory/compliance obligations, including statutory accounting and tax issues.
- Technological advances and accounting software to be used for financial purposes.
- Input data into company Xero accounting system.
- Administer the finance of company R&D grants, provide monthly reports, input onto appropriate web portals, monitor payments and arrange external audits.
- Monitor cash flow. Provide insights on the financial health of the organisation.
- Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the company, including payroll, invoicing, purchase receipts, expenses.
- Review financial data and prepare monthly Management Accounts and annual reports ready for financial audit.
- Present financial reports to board members, stakeholders and executives and occasionally present them in formal meetings.
- Review employee expenses and make reimbursements. Track expenses as they relate to specific projects and jobs.
- Manage Company credit card and make payments.
Chairman, COO, CFO, Team
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience with bookkeeping practices.
- Knowledge of accounting terminology, experience with accounting systems.
- Understanding of filing systems.
- Knowledge of accountant rules and legislation, Ability to detect inconsistencies.
- An analytical mind – attention to detail and desire to probe data
- Ability to develop strong working relationships
- Commercial and business awareness
- Proficient, native level communication skills in English– both written and verbal
- Ability to stick to time constraints
Either ACCA, ACA or CIMA
Must arrive capable and competent on Xero or equivalent accounting software – critical. Skilled in the use of Microsoft Excel.
Attention to detail, analytical, critical thinking, problem solving.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure this job description provides a comprehensive overview of the responsibilities of this role, all employees may be required to undertake other reasonable tasks as requested from time to time.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age