Job Type: Full time, 40 hours per week, Sunday-Thursday nights, 20.00-05.00, plus flexibility on Friday nights when required.
Salary: £14.05 per hour
Location: Dudley, the Midlands
Philip Dennis Foodservice is a well-established family business distributing Frozen, Chilled and Ambient goods, as well as Fresh Butchery and Fresh Fish products, to customers throughout Oxfordshire, the Midlands and the South West of England.
We’re seeking a professional and customer-focussed Class 1 HGV Driver to join our supportive team in Dudley, the Midlands. Taking responsibility for collecting frozen and chilled goods from our Oxford depot, on return to the Midlands depot you will assist in distributing the loads onto the day delivery lorries. The role will involve manual handling and working within the depot you will be required to shunt and load class 2 vehicles on a regular basis.
The successful candidate:
- Must have a Class 1 HGV licence with no more than 3 penalty points and a minimum of 12-months experience.
- Must have a current/valid CPC card and be conversant with driving laws/regulations.
- Must hold a forklift licence.
- Have strong communication skills.
- A proactive work ethic.
- Experience in planning driving routes and loading orders appropriately.
- Experience in a previous multi-drop background and double decker trailer experience is desirable.
In return we offer competitive rates of pay, overtime, pension scheme, 28 days' holiday per year (including bank holidays), yearly driver CPC training, 30% staff discount, death in service cover after 12 months, and the opportunity to be part of a progressive and expanding business.
How to Apply:
If you possess the experience, passion and attitude to make this role a success then we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV with a covering letter by 18th April 2021.